Hannah Stabler
• 3rd+Social Media Strategy | Digital Content | Branding & Reputation | Community Evangelist4 days ago
This afternoon I received yet another rejection email from a potential employer after 3 interviews & a ‘test project’ - coincidentally today is also #WorldMentalHealthDay.

Navigating unemployment is difficult in itself, but 7+ months of it during a pandemic has been mentally draining and frequently left me feeling undervalued in the skills and accomplishments I’m so proud of and confident in - and it’s sad to think about how many people are in the same position.

It’s hard to not let your mind wander and criticize every little thing about what you could’ve done better or fell short on, leading to self doubt and deteriorating motivation to continue applying and start the process over again. Personally, I’m struggling with understanding how clear multiple stages of the interview process, am continually told my skills and personality are great, but I’m not the one. But why? The lack of feedback makes the search even harder - nudge to recruiters! 😉

There is an unhealthy stigma surrounding #mentalhealth and today I’m reminding you all that “it’s okay to not be okay”. I’ll get through this. WE will get through this.

If you’re reading this and your brand is looking for a social media & digital content rockstar to come in and reinvigorate your brand, would love to chat.